Staff Mechanic is a key member of the Tech Center team. The position reports to the department Manager and is responsible for maintaining the cars. This role will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all racing vehicles within the Sears Point fleet. The role requires extensive mechanical skills and knowledge.
B. Reports to:
Tech Manager, Fleet Manager(s), Works Manager
Full Time / Part Time Non-Exempt
D. Essential Job Functions:
- GENERAL MAINTENANCE
- Repair and prep formula/race cars, karts and street vehicles
- Rebuilding Car
- Extensive Gearbox knowledge/ trouble shooting/ repair
- Bleeding brakes, brake set up, changing brakes
- Knowledge of motor helpful
- Minor diagnostics skills; troubleshooting
- Electrical Systems
- Work to maintain a “team environment” at all times
- EVENT DAYS/PREP DAYS
- Preparation of vehicles for program days (detailing-interior and exterior). This usually happens the day before a program is run. Cars need to be staged “dealership style“ specific to program days on the morning of event.
- Vehicles need to be placed in required positions throughout program days based on curriculum.
- Ensuring that engines have been properly warmed before track time during an event
- Daily checks (tire pressures, wheel lug torque, all fluid levels, QC)
- Tend to tire changing and brake servicing/pad changing needs during an event.
- Fueling of vehicles during short breaks/lunch breaks during program.
- Generally assisting instructors in all matters pertaining to the fleet.
- Drinks stations & pop-up tents positioning on track/paddock.
E. Additional Expectations
- Adheres to Emotive / Sears Point policies, procedures and practices
- Performs other duties as assigned/required
F. Qualifications / Requirements:
- At least two years mechanic experience
- Positive can-do attitude and innovative thinking
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be available to work 40+ hours and weekends when necessary
- Knowledge of race track and motor sports industry preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Maintain a team environment that promotes learning
- Strong written verbal communication interpersonal skills
- Multi-task and establish priorities
- Maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility